Wednesday 28 August 2013

august empties




With the month coming to an end, it can only mean two things...payday and empties time!

1. Nivea Daily Essentials Light Moisturising Cream 
This is one product I'm going to miss because its great. Absorbs into the skin well it's not greasy, moisturised my skin and did not break me. If that's not enough it's really cheap! I usually bought it for £2 when it was on promotion.  I have done a full review if you are interested.
Cruelty-Free: No
Repurchase: No 

2. Philosophy Holly Berry Bubble Bath 
This bubble bath was okay. It's a rather large bottle so takes an absolute age to finish. It bubbled up well but the formula is not at all moisturising. It's a limited edition Christmas scent so don't think I could get it any more even if I wanted to...which I don't.
Cruelty-Free: No
Repurchase: No 

3. Elizabeth Arden Matte Moisture Lotion
This cream wasn't particularly moisturising. It would probably work better on someone with oily skin. It is also rather expensive for what it is so wouldn't get it again.
Cruelty-Free: No
Repurchase: No 

4. No7 So Strong Nail Polish 
Hoorah I have been working on this product since I started the project so I'm glad to finally have it out of my life. There's still a little bit left at the bottom but its rather difficult to get out with the brush so I'm calling it a day. The actual product was just like a clear nail polish. I felt it din't make my nails and stronger.
Cruelty-Free: No
Repurchase: No 

5. Clarins Wonder Perfect Mascara
I enjoyed using this mascara. The mascara made a noticeable difference in the length and the volume of my lashes. However I won't be purchasing a full size as I am moving towards cruelty-free and natural products.
Cruelty-Free: No
Repurchase: No

6/7. D&G Perfume samples in 1 and 18
I have numerous perfume samples to get through and I am glad to have one less. These I believe smelt quite pleasant, although I can't quite recall what either of them smelt like...guess I won't be running out to repurchase.
Cruelty-Free: No
Repurchase: No 

8. Organic Surge Kiss and Makeup Cleansing Wipes
I'm sure you are getting tired of hearing about these cleansing wipes but they are past the expiry date so I'm using them as cleaning wipes! I bought them in June online as they had been reduced to 88p but when they arrived I noticed that the expiry date was July 2013! Making it clear why they were only 88p!
Cruelty-Free: Yes
Repurchase: No 

New Counts! (Combined count for myself and Radha) 

Previous Skincare Total: 106

New Skincare Total:  100

Previous Makeup Total: 162

New Makeup Total: 160

What products did you get through this month? If you did an empties post this month share it in the comments below :) 

Sita xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Guys, isn't nivea cruelty-free? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sita, would it be possible for you to share more about nivea and animal testing? (Because whatever links I found, I was almost on the verge of accepting that nivea doesn't test on animals).

      Delete
    2. The reason I don't consider nivea as cruelty free is because the brand does not carry the leaping bunny logo, they are not on PETA's list of brands that do not test on animals, also because they sell in China, and because of China's law's any company that sells products in that country requires the product to be tested on animals. Here's a few helpful links:
      http://www.hotashi.com/jetaime/?p=7358
      http://www.crueltyfreekit.com/2013/05/how-to-find-out-if-theyre-really-cruelty-free/
      http://www.navs.org/cruelty-free/labeling-and-cosmetic-regulations#.UlqKItI3uSo

      Delete
    3. thanks, this helped. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, We love hearing your thoughts and read every single one :) We always try to reply to as many as possible.

If you have any questions or post suggestions that you would like to see then feel free to email us (buttonsapart@gmail.com) or ask us on twitter (@ButtonsApart).