Wednesday 18 April 2012

green checks, bug eyes and in search of a rainbow

Hi guys! Yesterday it rained all day but finally around 6ish the clouds opened up and let some sunshine through, although it still remained very chilly.



I decided to go for an evening walk to the park to try and find a rainbow. In the hope that there would be a pot of gold at the end if i followed it! :) 

Unfortunately I didn't find a rainbow..sad i know! but I did find some colourful pretty flowers. Not quite the same...but hey ho!




My dress is from River Island and I was intitially drawn to it because of the colour and print. I like the design of the dress and how it gives the elusion of a hourglass shaped figure.




I paired it with a plain black t-shirt and some black leggings, seeing as the dress itself is quite busy and colourful.

I also wore a thick black coat because even thou the sun was out it was quite cold! and I wore my favourite boots from urban outfitters (this time in black)


I look like a bug with my big sunglasses! I remember reading somewhere that big sunglasses are better to wear because they cover up and protect more of the eye area from the sun. Thus preventing wrinkles..so I don't particularly mind that I look like a bug! I don't know if anyone else has read that anywhere?

I actually won these sunglasses from bourjois together with a lipgloss, when I randomly entered a competition on their website :)

What I wore :

Coat: Topshop
Dress: River island
T-shirt: Vera Moda
Leggings: Gap
Boots: Urban Outfitters
Sunglasses: Bourjois

Squirrel running across the path!


What do you think of the dress?

Sita xoxo

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! I love all the different colours! :)

      Delete
  2. The dress looks very cute on you! Pairing it with black accessories is the best thing to do, in my opinion.
    And ohh, that squirrel! So adorable :)

    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think the dress really stands out against the black.

      Delete
  3. amazing look!love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely green dress! Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours
    http://fashionablyyours-juneli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely dress and looks great on you! xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your boots.

    Thanks for your visit doll! I followed your lovely blog. Follow back ? =)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your coat!!!
    Following, and looking forward to future posts.
    Xo
    Lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit , I love green and the print of your dress ! The flower shots are beautiful!
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely you and love your coat !!

    Dear, I am hosting Harvey Prince international giveaway currently, where 10 winners will win $550 worth of Perfumes...Would mean a lot...Just click the link below to enter :)

    Enter 10 winner Harvey Prince ($550) Giveaway
    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your coat,you put together a great outfit here....
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, We love hearing your thoughts and read every single one :) We always try to reply to as many as possible.

If you have any questions or post suggestions that you would like to see then feel free to email us (buttonsapart@gmail.com) or ask us on twitter (@ButtonsApart).